Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Welcome, Nerds.

Yes, I called you all nerds. I fit the description as well, and I'm not crying about it. Hell, I'm the guy devoting my time to writing about games here!

I decided to create a gaming blog because...well, we sure as hell can't have enough of those, right? All kidding aside, this space will be utilized to discuss games, industry trends ( the good, the questionable, and the just plain stupid ), and the age old question: is it fun? I intend to post reviews, news, opinions, and interviews. I am not a professional journalist, nor am I a marketing shill. You won't find me flying out to Japan to attend an Arcade Show anytime soon. I won't be getting invited to big industry luncheons in California or reporting live from E3. If that is what you want, there are plenty of other, better resources than this one available on the web. I'll even do you the favor of linking to some of my favorites when I finish constructing this thing.

What you will find here is straight-forward, no-bullshit, hyperbole-free discussion of one thing we all cherish: games. You are not going to like everything I have to say. I reserve the right to thoroughly trash anything I find irritating...and I will spell out my reasoning very clearly. If you are driven to fits of fanboy rage whenever someone roasts your sacred cow, please commit seppuku in your mom's basement. Expect regular updates, an irreverent approach, and a whole lot of fun.

Round one! FIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment